We’re Looking For Instructors!
Join our team of talented dance teachers for the 2021- 2022 Season.
Start training this summer.
The Dance Instructor is responsible for instructing children and adults with special needs in the art of dance. Dance Instructor will prepare performance routines for the annual show. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach approximately 4-8 dance classes per week using a variety of dance styles and creative movement
- Plan weekly classes as well as modify instruction as needed
- Communicate with families and supervisors weekly regarding student progress and/or challenges after classes or sometimes follow up by phone
- Weekly communication log
- Serve as a mentor to classroom volunteers
- Prepare dance pieces for annual performance for each class from start to finish; including choreography, costuming, music selection, props & teaching students
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the work day, inclusive of sitting, standing and bending, pushing, pulling, or moving objects or student
- Attend Monthly Teachers Meeting
- Collaborate with other instructors when applicable
- Attend fundraising events as able
- Contribute content when applicable; interviews for blogs, social media, tv
- Other duties may be assigned as needed