Jobs & Employment
Danceability is hiring! Join our team!
The Dance Instructor is responsible for instructing and encouraging students, as well as demonstrating dance techniques and steps. Dance Instructor will prepare performance routines for the annual show.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach approximately 1- 7 dance classes per week
- Prepare performance routines for annual show to include: choreography, costuming, music preparation
- Communicate with families and supervisors weekly regarding student progress and/or challenges
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the work day, inclusive of sitting, standing and bending, pushing, pulling, or moving objects or students
- Serve as a mentor to classroom volunteers
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exhibit reasonably regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate interest in, proficient understanding of, dedication to and support for the agency mission, values and philosophy
- At least 10 years of dance education/training n in the last 12 years
- Collegiate Dance education is preferred
- Currently pursuing or possess a college degree in one or more of the following: dance, special education, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, dance therapy or mental health field
- Experience working with children and/ or adults with special needs in a job / volunteer capacity; especially those with autism
- Availability to work evenings and/ or Saturdays
- Able to function with minimal supervision
- Availability to do summer training starting in July
- Applicant must prepare a 60 second dance piece in either, tap, jazz, modern or ballet for demonstration at interview
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Danceability Instructor Application.