A Feel-Good – Hands-on – Team-Focused – Learn New Things – Truly Make a Difference
BENEFITS OF JOINING:
- There is so much more than receiving reports, listening to others talk, and convincing yourself to attend meetings. There are robust discussions, important decisions to be made, input to share, and fun along the way.
- From the moment you walk into the studio, you know that you are someplace special. And from the day you join the Board, you become an essential reason why danceability is an important place for our dancers and their families.
- Whether you are new to your career or already retired, you get the chance to learn and try new things. Creativity isn’t just the role of our dancers and their teachers; the Board of Directors is always taking on new things.
- There are always ways to contribute. Do you have specialized skills in Marketing, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, or Law? Great! But we also will put to use the unique and diverse skills that each bring to the Board. Including yours.
- We get to know each other. Whether in person or virtually, we always take the time to get to know each other.
Committee work brings us closer still. And we are a Board that shows up, so our fundraisers and annual performance give us the chance to give ourselves and everyone else some feel-good time collectively!
WHAT DO YOU COMMIT TO?
- Monthly Board Meetings (in-person or virtual) for 2 hours on a Monday evening.
- Participation on one of our Committees, Operations, Finance, Marketing, Grant Writing, meeting as scheduled
- Helping to achieve our current strategic plan, including helping us to be a place where dancers, families, volunteers, and Board Members of diverse backgrounds want to be
- Attending our fundraisers and special events and committing yourself to help our Annual Performance be the magic it is to our dancers and their families and friends.
- You do NOT need to be a dancer (most of us are not), nor have a family member with special needs (only a few of us do) – but you do need to see the beauty in what we collectively achieve.
- You probably contribute to organizations today; we would like danceability to be one of your top three, whatever that amount is consistent with your means. And help us fill baskets for raffles!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com or just an email to ask to discuss your claim. We will have a current Board Member reach out to you to see if this is a good fit.